Benefits of Hosted Ecommerce
1. Easier to build with
From deciding what hosting service to use, to importing products from existing storefronts,
starting an online store comes with many challenges that many entrepreneurs aren’t expecting.
Luckily, hosted ecommerce platforms offer a turnkey solution that removes many of these early
By going with a hosted ecommerce platform your clients will have:
● The opportunity to start selling quicker. Hosted platforms offer a simplified store
setup process and easy day-to-day management, through robust content management
systems (CMS) that are uncommon when compared to their open-source counterparts.
● An all-in-one commerce solution. Merchants receive native hosting, shopping cart
functionality, and sales channel integrations with no additional fees or integrations. This
can save significant time and financial investment that would otherwise exist with open
2. Ready for optimization
Store optimization is not only part of the launch phase, but is also an ongoing requirement for
many online business owners. Hosted ecommerce platforms offer several advantages for
optimization compared to open-source options, including these key benefits:
● Easy access to extensions. Easily build the store of your dreams with the functionality
you need, through robust third-party apps and integrations.
● An ever-evolving product. Hosted platforms, like Shopify, host hundreds of thousands
of stores, so they regularly are pushing new improvements to ensure all sites are built
with industry-leading best practices.
3. Simplified store maintenance
Hosted platforms simplify store maintenance, so that entrepreneurs can focus on what really
matters — running and growing their online businesses.
In general, most hosted ecommerce platforms offer merchants:
● An army behind your business. Going hosted means you get access to 24/7 technical
support and ongoing platform maintenance to reduce downtime, and keep your business
● Industry-leading security. Hosted platforms look after SSL certification, security
patches, and more, to ensure you can rest easy knowing your business and customers